Dr. Lorraine Hanna is a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, an honor only 6 percent of dentists in North America can claim. In addition, she is a Fellow with the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation. She is committed to lifelong learning and using leading-edge techniques in her dental practice. This way she ensures her patients receive top-notch treatment.
She earned her dental degree from the University of Michigan and has been practicing dentistry since 1991. With all her years of experience, she knows how to work closely with patients to fulfill their smile wishes and address their concerns with tact and compassion. As her patient, you can expect quality dental treatment in a comfortable and stress-free environment.
Dr. Hanna is a member in good standing of all these professional organizations:
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Russell W. Bunting Periodontal Study Club
- Francis B. Vedder Society of Crown and Bridge Prosthodontics
- Michigan Academy of General Dentistry
- Michigan Dental Association
- Kalamazoo Valley District Dental Society
In addition, Dr. Hanna has received the following awards:
- 1999 – New Dentist Leadership Award, for outstanding contributions to organized dentistry, Michigan Dental Association
- 1999 – Outstanding New Dentist Leader, for exemplary effort in the service of organized dentistry, American Dental Association
- 2000 – Fellowship, Academy of General Dentistry
- 2009 – Fellowship, Dental Organization of Conscious Sedation
Dr. Hanna believes in giving back to Kalamazoo and the surrounding communities. She contributes to many local charities and community groups, including the Comstock Community Center’s Adopt-A-Family program. Plus, for each patient referral we receive, she donates to the Kalamazoo Hospitality House of Southwest Michigan. Dr. Hanna also gives her time to Donated Dental Services, which offers dental care to those in need.
Away from the office, Dr. Hanna enjoys family time with her husband, Mike, and daughter, Sara. She also enjoys traveling, fishing, photography, and gardening. Dr. Hanna is musically inclined, as she plays the harp, piano, and handbells. She has also served as president of the board of directors at Zion Lutheran Church and has been president of several dental organizations.