Ideally, we would have all of our natural teeth for the duration of our adult life. However, that’s not the case for many people. In fact, sometimes the best thing you can do is remove a tooth that’s been infected or causes a problem like overcrowding. Our tooth extractions in Kalamazoo can:
- Restore your oral health and overall well being
- Get rid of the pain in your mouth
- Prevent an infection from spreading to other healthy teeth and gums
- Make it easier to maintain good oral hygiene
- Give you back your functional smile
Call us today at 269-482-3171 if you think you might need a tooth extraction. If you’re in pain, we’ll do our best to offer you a same-day appointment.
Eliminate Discomfort & Protect Your Grin
Extracting a tooth is never a dentist’s first choice. We’d rather you keep your natural teeth whenever possible! However, if we find it necessary for one or more teeth to be removed, there’s no better place to have it done. Dr. Lorraine Hanna has been treating patients for over 30 years, which means you can have your procedure performed by someone whose experience you can trust. Here is how it will work:
- Thorough Exam – Dr. Hanna will X-ray your mouth, teeth, and gums to determine if a tooth extraction is the best solution to your dental issues. If possible, she’ll provide restorative care options such as a dental crown, root canal, or filling.
- Gentle Removal – If she determines an extraction is necessary, she’ll gently remove your tooth. She will numb the area first so you don’t feel a thing. She can also provide gentle sedation to help you remain calm and relaxed throughout the procedure.
- Care Instructions – Once your tooth is removed, the healing process will begin. Dr. Hanna will share instructions on how to protect the extraction area and tips on foods and activities to avoid.
- Tooth Replacement – After you’ve completely healed, it will be time to replace your missing tooth. Dr. Hanna will work with you on which option is best, such as a dental bridge. You may also consider dentures or dental implants.
If you need tooth extractions in Kalamazoo, call 269-482-3171 to schedule an appointment with an experienced, trustworthy team. You can also request an appointment online. Dr. Hanna can perform extractions for adults and children.