A healthy smile means that your gums are healthy too. Since your gums protect your teeth from bacteria, they are one of the first lines of defense to protect your mouth from diseases. Gum disease, or periodontal disease, can be caused by a variety of factors, including improper oral hygiene habits. If you notice symptoms such as red or swollen gums or bleeding when you brush your teeth and floss, it’s time to visit us for gum disease treatment in Kalamazoo. By visiting us for your gum problems, you will:
- Keep your teeth healthy and strong
- Improve your oral health and overall health
- Prevent serious diseases linked to gum disease, such as diabetes and heart disease
- Find it easier and more comfortable to care for your teeth and gums
Avoid the problems of gum disease and schedule appointment with us today by calling 269-482-3171.
Keep Your Mouth Healthy & Beautiful
It’s fairly common for people to experience gum disease throughout their life. In fact, according to the CDC, over 47 percent of adults over the age of 30 have some form of periodontal disease. If addressed early, the effects can be reversed and your oral health restored. If you need treatment for gum disease, we will:
- Use an intraoral camera to examine your mouth, teeth, and gums to see how serious the infection is. This camera also allows us to show you what we see when we look at your gums.
- Create a treatment plan to address gum issues and other areas of your smile that need treatment, if needed.
- Remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria by deep cleaning the infected areas of your gums. Then smooth your tooth roots to make it more difficult for bacteria to collect in the future. Depending on your circumstances, we may use laser treatment to eliminate bacteria and apply an antibiotic to your gums.
- Provide as painless of an experience as possible. We offer two forms of sedation, including laughing gas and oral sedation, as well as computer-delivered local anesthesia. It’s important for you to feel comfortable and relaxed during this treatment.
Since symptoms of gum disease are hard to spot, it’s important to maintain a schedule of regular cleanings and exams so we can look for signs of infection in your gums. As your partner in dental care, Dr. Hanna is committed to helping you maintain your oral health!
For gum disease treatment in Kalamazoo, call us today at 269-482-3171 to schedule an appointment.