Enjoy Easy Care With Our Sedation Options in Kalamazoo
You may have been putting off going to the dentist because you simply can’t bear the thought of sitting through a dental exam or procedure. Many people are in the same situation, so take some comfort in the fact that you’re not alone. Dr. Lorraine Hanna and our dedicated team at Briarwood Valley Dentistry can help you, however. We offer Kalamazoo sedation options that will allow you to:
- Lie back serenely while we tend to your smile
- Catch small oral problems when they’re easily treated
- Enjoy peace of mind about your smile and oral health
- Reduce your anxiety about future dental visits
- Lessen your risk of experiencing a painful and costly dental emergency
- Hold on to your natural teeth as long as possible
Don’t let fear keep you from a beautiful smile! Call Briarwood Valley Dentistry today at 269-482-3171 to schedule an appointment. Besides Kalamazoo, we welcome patients from the surrounding areas of Portage, Mattewan, Oshtemo, Texas Township, and Schoolcraft.
Sedation Takes the Edge Off Your Anxiety
There are many types of dental patients, and what works for one may not work for another. That’s why we offer you two distinct methods of sedation. One of them will be right for you, and our team will help you decide what’s best for your situation. Your choices include:
- Inhaled Sedation – This type of sedation works well for mild to moderate levels of anxiety. Using a small mask over your nose, you’ll breathe in this sweet-smelling gas that goes to work immediately to produce a total-body feeling of calm and relaxation. Many patients describe the effects as a euphoria in which all your cares vanish. Best of all, this sedative’s effects wear off just as quickly, so you can drive yourself home afterward.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – If you experience more intense dental phobia or need to have several procedures performed at one time, this sedation may be a better option. You’ll simply take a small pill before your appointment. By the time we get ready to work on your smile, you’ll feel completely relaxed and perhaps a bit groggy. The pill won’t put you to sleep, although some patients do become so relaxed that they drift off. This sedative’s effects will last for several hours, so a trusted friend or family member will need to make sure you get home safely. As a plus, Dr. Hanna is a Fellow in the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation.
If necessary, we can also use local anesthetic to numb the area we’re working on. Whether we’re placing a filling, removing a tooth, or performing another procedure, we’ll make sure you don’t feel any discomfort during your treatment.
In addition, you’ll relax with our skilled team. Our staff is specially trained to listen to your needs, answer all your questions, and help set you at ease. If there’s anything you need to feel more comfortable, just let us know and we’ll be glad to help. Our team is here to help you get the care you need to maintain a beautiful, healthy smile.
Enjoy relaxing dental care with our Kalamazoo sedation options. Call Briarwood Valley Dentistry today at 269-482-3171 to schedule your appointment. We can’t wait to help you smile brighter!